Societal apects of Big Data
Eight research projects and a transversal project investigated specific societal aspects of the deployment of big data.
The research projects studied concrete examples of the use of big data, for instance in human resources and insurance. Their outcomes stress the importance of adapting the legislation to the changing capabilities of technology, of developing guidelines related to the use of big data, of increased ethics awareness and transparency related to the use of data, and of closely following how big data impacts democracy.
All projects regarding societal, legal, and ethical aspects
- ELSI-Task-Force for the National Research Programme “Big Data”
- Trade agreements: impacts on national law
- Big data in insurance
- Regulating big data research
- Legal challenges of big data
- Uncertainty in big data applications: lessons from climate simulations
- Big data in practice: sociology, data sciences and journalism
- Big data in health: an ethical framework
- Big data in human resources